Company Background: Headquartered in Yardley, Pennsylvania, Lifeshield offers wireless home security systems with unique features not available through other companies. According the company, they were the first home security company to offer interactive home security features with remote accessibility. The company offers services in all 50 states of the US and has been in business for over 50 years.
Monitoring Services: Lifeshield offers multiple 24/7 monitoring plans that include coverage for burglaries, fire, medical emergencies, carbon monoxide, flood, freezing temperatures, and video surveillance. Home monitoring can be done from mobile devices so homeowners can stay in touch whenever they want from wherever they are.
Benefits: The monitoring services provided by Lifeshield are continuous and the company stays connected with five interconnected
Company Background: Protect America offers home alarm services across the United States. They have ranked in the top 10 for volume of installations they have provided over the last three years, providing GE Wireless Home Security systems for homeowners.
Monitoring Services: Protect America’s security systems provide protection against burglaries and forced entries on a 24/7 basis. Sensors send signals to the command centers and if the company is unable to confirm a false alarm, the company will contact the appropriate authorities.
Benefits: Protect America offers a lifetime equipment warranty free with each of their monthly monitoring services at the time of this review. A certificate of installation will be provided to the purchaser as proof for home insurance discounts.
Technology : Protect America offers several technologies for alarm and monitoring support including cellular, high-speed broadband, and
Company Background: FrontPoint Security was started in 2007 to fill the void other alarm companies left by not using the latest technologies to their advantage. The company has over 30 years of experience in the home alarm industry an now are the fastest growing GE Security dealer that offers 100% wireless technology at no extra charge. The company is located in McLean, VA.
Monitoring Services: FrontPoint Security provides monitoring services for the home the protect against intrusion, fire, environmental emergencies, and medical emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Benefits: The company offers a 30 day guarantee so customers can try the alarm system at no-risk with 100% refund back if not satisfied including shipping costs.
Technology: FrontPoint offers security for customers nationwide that is 100% wireless, using cellular technology to issue alerts. Window and door sensors, heat sensors, and water centers are utilized to protect your home. Customers can connect to
Company Background : Protect Your home is a licensed dealer for ADT home security systems, one of America’s leading home security companies. They offer home security system installation as an authorized dealer that connects to ADT monitoring systems across the United States.
Monitoring Services: The company monitors for fire alerts, break ins, and critical condition monitoring to alert homeowners to floods and freezing temperatures. ADT will dispatch emergency responders, medical assistance, and firefighters to your residence with one-touch access to such assistance. Monitoring services are available 24/7.
Benefits: Protect Your Home offers the many benefits provided by ADT security systems including
Hardwired home security systems are higher quality, more secure systems, but require significantly more installation work. If you are considering installing a hardwired system yourself, there are several things to know.
Options and devices include hardwire door chimes, hardwire brace wires, hardwire telephone, and other keys and accessories.
A savvy installer can complete work in less than an hour. Although hardwired systems generally do take longer to install than wireless systems, they are considered worthwhile for the extra time and effort. The typical hardwired security system will come with an alarm control panel and a keypad control to turn the system on and off.
You can even purchase a low cost hardwired security system from some reputable and established companies at a significantly less than you will find at major national home security system companies. The basic materials you will need to install your hardwired home security system are
The cost of false alarms on the limited time and resources of financially strapped local law enforcement has led jurisdictions across the country to enact laws penalizing false alarms. Homeowners can pay, sometimes large fines for repeat false alarms that waste officers’ time.
Statistics show that 76% of false alarms are caused by user error. There are certain precautions you can take to eliminate the potential for false alarms at your property:
- Make sure anyone with a key to your business or home knows how to operate your security system.
- Make special arrangements for guests and repair technicians.
- Have your security system company check and service your security system – including batteries – regularly.
- Call your security company immediately if your system doesn’t seem to be working properly or before you do any remodeling.
If your alarm goes off….
- Don’t panic! Remember your security code.
- Find out if there really is an intruder or fire and respond appropriately.
- If the alarm activation was accidental, carefully disarm your security system according to your instructions.
- After you’ve reset the system, wait for the monitoring station to call you.
- Don’t leave your home or business until
There are many reasons to install a home security system including deterring theft, monitoring the safety and security of your pets while you are away, alerting you of intruders, and simply providing you peace of mind.
If you are thinking of installing a security system, you should consider selecting a wireless home security system. There are many highly effective models on the market today and they are a lot easier and less expensive to install than a hardwired system. A wireless home security system will provide you with all the benefits of a great security system without the hassle and mess of having to drill holes and dig under your house to have it installed.
Many different companies make wireless home security systems. One of the most popular companies is ADT which offers its comprehensive Family Package. When the alarm is triggered
Technology continues to make home security better and more affordable. While in the past, home video surveillance has been costly and required professional installation, IP video cameras have made home video enabled security systems available to the common man. Anyone with a high-speed Internet connection can install securely encoded cameras that use Internet as their means of networking. This means minimal installation efforts and low equipment coats.
Here are a few reasons to consider IP home video surveillance for your security systems:
- Utilizes existing IP infrastructure.
- Flexible camera placement: PoE eliminates need for local power source; Wi-Fi eliminates need for hard-wired ethernet cable. Wi-Fi has even become synonymous with the more generic term “wireless.”
- Remote viewing from anywhere/anytime via a standard Web browser.
- Standards-based, allowing multi-vendor solutions and integration.
- Better image quality than closed circuit TV (CCTV) analog systems.
- Open storage and server systems scale easily and cheaply, with no need for
When building your dream house or renovating, you usually focus on the work at hand. Architects, contractors, suppliers, interior designers practically become part of your family. Theft and loss probably aren’t even on your mind.
However, construction site theft is an increasing problem throughout the country and it can affect you. When beginning a project, you need to be informed and ask smart questions – including whether a contractor uses mobile security systems like the DeWalt Mobile Lock.
- How many burglaries at single-family house construction sites are reported?
- What proportion of these burglaries is reported to police? Does a sizable proportion of burglaries go unreported? If so, why?
- What is the clearance rate for these burglaries?
- What methods are used to commit these burglaries? Forced entry? Unforced entry? Burglars posing as construction workers? Employee theft?
- How much property is typically stolen? Quantity? Dollar values?
- What other costs are incurred because of these burglaries? Repair costs? Lost business? Increased insurance premiums?
- How difficult are the burglaries to commit?
- Are there patterns that link
Despite recent concerns about false alarms and their inordinate cost to the public, police continue to favor security systems as a critical component of crime prevention.
A survey sponsored by the Security Equipment Industry Association and conducted by StatResources of Boston revealed most police believe security systems are effective.
- 85% of police officials believe that security systems decrease chances of residences being burglarized.
- 90% of police say a business is less likely to be burglarized if it has a security system.
- 90% of police officials feel that a security system increases the probability of a burglar being apprehended.
- 85% of chiefs surveyed say they have encouraged installation of electronic security systems in homes or businesses in their communities.
- 80% of police and 75% of fire chiefs in larger cities prefer